Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where I Go On Sunday Afternoon

Toronto is full of great cafes and restaurants. I have observed that Toronto locals find where they like to go and usually stick to them. People like to stay in their neighborhoods. For a big city where the world is your oyster (yes, a popular cliche) Torontonians like to stay near their homes. Since I am new in town and am trying to "go native" I have been drinking many cups of coffee in many different cafes. I love coffee because it loves me back. I drink it and in turn it makes me happy. We have a great relationship. In short, here is one of my favorite places to go on a Sunday. I have been several times...

Tango Palace Coffee Company

The place is warm friendly and the barista knows most of the locals by name. Since I am not originally from Toronto it has taken me some time to find a place to go for a morning brew. I felt very comfortable here right from the first meeting. It reminded me of a cafe back home.

Tango Palace picks and chooses from several bakeries across Toronto so everything you order is delicious. I often have the dilemma of only choosing one treat. I often forget that I have the power of ordering what I want without someone telling me I can only have one.

If you are looking for a nice place to sit, read/do work (why do work on a sunday?!), and have a cup of coffee. I would consider Tango Palace.


Tango Palace is open from 7am to 11pm. Plenty of time to stop by for a treat. Look at those people in the photo, all relaxed, drinking their coffee. I know you want to be doing the same. I often walk home from here because I love stopping by all the great vintage shops.

No website for this place but join the facebook group.

I am coming off my coffee high... worst part of my relationship with coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment