Sunday, February 21, 2010

Editorial Doodling-ROM Toronto



DAN PERJOVSCHI EXHIBIT AT THE ROM: He filled the walls of the roloff beny gallery with his editorial drawings. yes, he was allowed to draw on the walls of the museum. what about all the signs that say "please do not touch"?. then this guy comes in and draws all over the walls. i wish i was overly creative with a beard and spoke romanian.

My thoughts:

I had the perfect saturday that started with a Starbucks non-fat caramel macchiato and then took a visit to the Royal Ontario Museum. I generally love museums because I am a bit nerdy and always find one area of the place where I could spend hours.
The exhibit, that I stumbled upon, didn't really plan on seeing, mainly because I didn't google the museums exhibits before I left the apartment, is interesting, refreshing and a little too heavy for the family crowd that was ever so prominent in the Discovery gallery.
I LOVED IT! At first it was annoying to find the actual exhibit since it is hidden on the 4th floor in the north east corner. Once I got there I found the artist himself there with many Eastern European Canadians looking up towards the cartoons.

Here are some of my favorites:

It might be too soon for this one. But I think McQueen himself would have thought it was funny.


This was walking into the gallery


I love to eat but this is how I really feel:

This of course didn't stop me from eating a street meat hot dog after being at the museum for a couple hours:
To end this post off I will say this, Go to the exhibit! Not that anyone besides my sexy guitar playing, law school going, procrastinator, fiance is reading this. I loved this exhibit! It was captivating. The artist was there creating his images right infront of you. I felt like I was part of the process instead of looking at some modern art that I would forget about after eating my hot dog. I will be picking up this artist book and looking for future exhibits. I wonder if he does weddings?

See Perjovschi at work in the gallery February 15 to 21, 2010. His wall drawings will remain on view until the summer of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment